Sunday, June 14, 2015

WW Update--A year and a baby later!

I rejoined WW this week (you can read about my joining last summer here).  I had lost about 7 lbs when I found out I was pregnant with H.  I gained only about 18 lbs from there during pregnancy (checked into the hospital at 223--with J I was 240 at hospital time).

Well, six weeks postpartum, having really been attuned to my health during pregnancy since I had the dreaded gestational diabetes, I am 17.4 lbs down from where I was when I joined last year.  What an awesome boost to keep going!  I haven't been this low a weight since right before I was pregnant with J more than 4 years ago.

My healthy inspiration/motivation

The scare with diabetes has really kicked my motivational butt.  I don't want to deal with the health issues my dad had during his last years because he had not managed his type II well.  I don't want my kids to worry about me.  I want to be active and healthy like I used to be.  My ulcerative colitis is under control, so I really have no more excuses not to focus on really being HEALTHY.

A note about WW--they kept all my info and recipes on file, so it has been really easy to just pick right up where I left off.  And they are currently doing a "be happy" promotion focused on bringing positive emotions to your weight loss journey.  I am really glad I chose this program for support.  It is exactly what I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails