Sunday, October 21, 2012

Warm up.

I miss writing.

Sometimes I think about posts I could write.  And then, mid-organization, J wakes up from his nap and takes my attention fully back to mommy-land.

In fact, I am only able to visit blog-land at the moment because my husband is watching the baby on a Sunday afternoon I have not managed to commit to cooking, sailing, friend-visiting, or grading.  It is rather shocking.

Amanda has convinced me to do NaNoWriMo.  I'm pretty sure I should warm up.

Consider this my warm up.

News update round:

--I LOVE my job.  I have fallen in love with teaching again.  I have the absolute best kids and fellow English teachers ever.  I am insanely busy with it and having trouble with time management being both a teacher and a mom, but I'm figuring it out with lots and lots of support from Min Gi.
--J is 10.5 months.  It's hard to believe he is almost a year.  He's really cool.
--I am cooking a lot.  It's been a lot of work, but I'm really enjoying it.  And so are my family members who reap most of the tasty delicious benefits.  The other teachers envy my lunches.  I'm that awesome.
--I survived another flare up of ulcerative colitis.  This sucked, but we are all doing well.
--We are planning to spend a good bit of next summer in Korea.  I am wildly excited about this.  Hopefully I'll find affordable tickets.
--I am still working one shift a week at the hotline and helping with training.  Somehow this keeps me sane.
--Exercise is not as consistent as I'd like, but it's getting there.  I am within 8 lbs of pre-pregnancy weight.  That's pretty good.

So there we are.  Life's pretty good.  And I'm pretty sure J is about to wake up from a nap, so I'd better--


2 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYYYYYY! I am so excited that you're in this year. We need to find a weekend to get the menfolk (and boyfolk) together so we can sit and write and encourage each other while they do...I don't know, whatever it is they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad things are stabilizing, even if they are crazy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails