Monday, December 5, 2011

J.P. Sung

Right now, my four day old son, J, is napping.  Thanks to my mother (super-grandma), I am caught up on enough rest to actually post some info here about what has been the most incredible event of my life.  Unfortunately, my brain is too addled to reflect properly on the events that have occurred and recount them faithfully and entertainingly for you here at this time.  I will try to do so soon.  For now, basic stats:
Born 12/2/2011 at 4:47am. I had a very short first labor, dilating from 4cm to ready to push in just 1.5 hours. The nurse and doctor actually made me wait another 45 min because they hadn't set anything up. Even with the epidural, it was a lot of pain to hold back. 20 min of pushing, and then he was out!

He weighed 7lbs, 10oz (3.465 kg), had an immediate Apgar score of 9. He has curly dark blond hair (surprising!) and deep blue eyes that are rapidly turning brown. First hints of a smile here.

One proud daddy!  Min Gi has been amazing.  He was totally supportive during labor and has turned into an expert diaperer overnight.  Plus, he remains super-organized with all our stuff and caring for the kitties and basic needs while I recover.  I love him all over again.
Ready to eat!  This is my favorite picture, since it's what I see every 2-3 hours when I'm feeding the little dude.  He's so much fun!
Baby's first mohawk. Post-bath.
Yes, I just delivered a baby. Of course I look like crap and need to stuff my face. This is the only one of me Min Gi took in the hospital that doesn't have a boob hanging out. Sorry.

Grandpa! So happy.
We're home now.  At my follow up appointment today, the baby is already gaining weight and is perfectly healthy and happy.  We had a small bumpy start to breast-feeding, but with the help of the lactation consultant at the hospital, that has been resolved and all is well.

Having a baby is totally exhausting, but it's also a LOT more fun than I thought.  I hope you enjoy the update!  I will try to keep up a bit here in between all the lovin'.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Welcome Jeongmin! Glad to see everybody doing well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look pretty fantastic in that photo for someone who had just given birth! That meal, I'm sure, was WELL deserved after all that hard work :)

    And the little man is ADORABLE! I love how excited Mingi looks in the photo with Jeongmin.

    Congrats to the both of you! You will be the most awesome parents ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats diana! glad the baby is healthy. health is number one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, little Jeongmin! How happy we are to see you. Your mommy and daddy certainly are happy to see you, too.
    Thanks for the beautiful pictures, Diana. Blessings to you and your new little family.
    Love and hugs, Nancy
    Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails