Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Illness and Reverse Culture Shock

For the last week I've been dealing with a creeping cold/flu which reached a new frenzy early this morning.  I'm still feeling like crap, but hopefully taking the day to rest will allow my body to heal.

I haven't been updating because of my illness and increased depression--which I believe may be related to reverse culture shock.  I'm glad I have a new job, but now that I'm in the routine of a "daily grind," my adjustment (or rather maladjustment) to my homeland has actually begun.  Coping with that, with all the issues related to Min Gi's immigration, and with a new job that's a lot more stressful than my last one is taking a toll on my health and my ability to write.  I have very little energy these days.

Plus, my last living grandparent, my mother's mom, died this weekend.

It's been a bad week.  I can only hope that it will get better.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a real rough go of things at the moment. I certainly hope that it doesn't last long. It's one of those poor aspects of life as an (former/wife of an!) expat that we get to deal with all kinds of horrible, boring technical things, even when actual life decides to hit us hard. I hope your stress and your sadness don't coincide for long, because one or the other is quite enough. Fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIG HUGS!!! Thinking of you. If you need to skype, let's make a date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs moo! I'm always around for a good old fashioned need to wallow in my sorrow phone call, or skype call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear what's going on. Those adjustment periods can feel so LONG; extra hugs are needed!

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well D. We'll be here when you return.

    Best,

    - sleepy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails