Thursday, April 1, 2010

Gotcha!

"Hi Mom. I'm just calling to let you know I'm ok. You probably heard the news by now."

"What news?"

"About North Korea?"

"What happened?"

"Oh. Wow. Turn on the TV. They invaded Seoul earlier today."

"Oh no. Why is this not the top story on the radio???"

"I don't know, but I just wanted to let you know I'm ok. The U.S. embassy sent out a report advising us not to panic and to please not plan immediate evacuation if we were south of Daejeon, but I don't know."

"You should come home RIGHT NOW. Is Min Gi's family in Seoul alright?"

"They're fine. Mom... what day is it?"

"Thursday. Why?"

"No... the date."

"The first... Oh! You're awful. Call your father and tell him, too."

He bought it hook, line, and sinker as well. Happy April Fool's Day, all.

4 comments:

  1. Reqlly cruel and unusual treatment of your mother! Didn't she raise you not to scare old people early in the morning?! I'm not surprised you fooled me but I am surprised you fooled your dad. Of course, this means he'll spend a whole year trying to figure out how to one-up you next year...and will make us all miserable in the process.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pass the torch. You re now the queen of April 1st. My long run as king has ended.
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY funny :) Of course, I think Roboseyo, The New Korean had you beat for the best K-prank of all year. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But Mom and Dad... aren't you didn't glad I didn't go with my first instinct to pretend to be calling from the American embassy to ask, "Is a Diana Ekelman your daughter? I regret to inform you that..."

    That would really have been cruel.

    And Chris, I didn't even for a second believe the Korean and Rob's prank. Their writing styles are just too different. Somewhat entertaining at best. When they set up a discarded home pregnancy test and a phone book open to abortion clinics with phone numbers circled and (nearly) give their father a heart attack as I did when I was 20, then we can talk about April Fool's pranks-of-the-year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails