Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blog Launch: Feminist Marriage

This is my 500th blog post on Going Places, and what a journey it has been! To celebrate, I'm announcing the launch of my new blog, Feminist Marriage.

I have been thinking long and hard about my writing here at Going Places, which was started largely as a travel blog to document my experiences in Korea as an expat. It has become much more than that to me, covering not only my life and travels in Korea and beyond, but also my professional development as a teacher abroad, my entire relationship and marriage to my wonderful husband, and my entrance into two hobbies that have now become major outlets for fun.

Recently, I reflected on how I have grown through the blog over the last three years. I will continue it as a personal (and as often as possible, travel) blog even after I return to the U.S. However, I realize that many fewer people will be interested in my life after I return to my home country (an American in America is just too darned normal). While I hope many of you will continue to follow and support my writing (I have followed several of my favorite K-bloggers on their post-Korea journeys), I am anticipating my readership to take a nosedive come August.

I write (at least partially) because I want people to hear what I have to say. This blog has grown enough the last three years that I'm becoming spoiled--knowing that I'll have a regular daily audience inspires me to write more and more. I need to find something to keep me writing through the loss of my primary audience here. And so, I have decided to start blogging on two topics that are near and dear to my newlywed, fully empowered heart--feminism and marriage.

Feminist Marriage is brand new, so don't expect amazing things from it just yet. I'm still finding my voice for exploring and expressing my ideas about feminism and marriage. But if you are interested in gender equality, women's choices, and domestic felicity, I encourage you to follow along as I learn more about these topics and articulate my thoughts as I go.

I'm really excited about this project. It's my replacement for a Ph.D. in women's studies, but hopefully a lot more fun and interactive. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it, Diana. And I wouldn't worry too much about losing your K readership upon your return -- there are a lot of expats who are interested in what it will be like to return home as well.

    Best of luck on the starting of new journies, writing related and otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good to me. I just managed to get my password sorted on Feministing so its all very timely :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails