Thursday, January 28, 2010

Magic Straight.

After months of being sick and feeling like crap, I decided to do something nice for myself, so I went to the salon yesterday and finally decided to do something totally different.



I got the Korean "magic straight" perm--a process that renders curly, unmanageable hair perfectly flat and soft. I love it so far.

Min Gi, on the other hand, is having confusions.

My nickname at swing is 금라면 (Gold Ramyeon) because that is what my hair looks like (or used to look like).

When I told him I was off to the salon, he looked at me really sadly and mumbled, "Goodbye 금라면. Hello, 칼국수 (another kind of noodle dish that is flat and broad)."

Poor thing.

9 comments:

  1. Your hair looks really cute! I've had magic straight twice. It always feels so soft and nice.

    I got a body wave perm two weeks ago...my students called me yellow ramyeon when I first got it done. I was really sad about it. haha it's good to know that they could have meant it as a term of endearment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, big change! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad said he didn't recognize this picture as you at first. You know I love your curly hair, but you do look different and great in a whole new way now! Sarah and Brian think it looks good too. Women are so lucky - they get to do radical experiments with thier looks and no one thinks they're nuts or vain - just adventurous and having fun. It will make thinks easier for you during your upcoming vacation too.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You look so different! Straight looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it!!! So pretty and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fabulous, Diana! I also find your nicknames to be delightfully amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone! I'm loving it so far. Min Gi is adjusting slowly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Min Gi made me laugh out loud with this one. And the hair looks great. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails