Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Family visit to Gyeongju.

For the wedding, my mom, dad, brother Brian, and sister Sarah flew out on January 1 and stayed until January 11. For Mom, it was her first time in Asia. For Dad and Brian, it was their first visit to Korea. Koreans have a hard time believing me when I tell them I'm the shortest person in my family (as I am fairly tall for a female, somewhere between 5'8" and 5'9" depending on how much I'm slouching), but it's true. So the clan of giants descended upon Korea to meet Min Gi's family and generally learn about their new member's culture.

Our first stop, mere days after they landed, was a trip to Gyeongju.

In front of Bulguksa. (Left to Right: Me, Brian, Sarah, Dad, Mom, Min Gi)


Sarah, Min Gi, and Brian rub the golden pig for good luck. Or pick its snout. Whatever suits.


Min Gi and I take advantage of a momentary walking break to practice our choreography for the big day.


After the temple, we meet his oldest aunt and some cousins for yummy soup with tofu and mushrooms.


The only downside to the whole day was that Min Soo, In Shil, and Ohmma were to accompany us, but Ohmma got very, very sick on the ride out to Gyeongju, so Min Soo took her home early. (Don't worry! She got better the next day.) However, this forced Dad and I to have a fun train adventure home since there wasn't enough room in the car for the ride back. Highly entertaining. Check out the rest of the photos:

Bulguksa with the family


More to come about family and friend adventures in Seoul during the biggest snowstorm that city has experienced in more than 30 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails