Sunday, December 20, 2009

My body apparently hates me.

After finally recovering from the hell that was my October, I caught some kind of nasty bug on Friday. I thought it was just the 24-hour kind because I was feeling alright the next day and met my friend Jina for lunch as planned, but about an hour into dancing at Asurajang, I started to get a nasty headache and some stomach issues. I took a cab home and put myself to bed.

I woke up the next day after not sleeping well with the nastiest, biggest headache I've ever had in my life. Seriously, blinding white-out type pain from between my eyes around my skull, down the back of my neck and spine.

But Korean pharmacies do not open on Sundays until 12. Min Gi, bless him, tried to find pain meds at 10 am, but was unsuccessful. He went back out at 12:30 with the instructions not to bother returning if he couldn't find me some damned ibuprofen.

He was successful. Thirty minutes and 800mg later, I was back to being just a little achy, and I was finally able to think about something other than the pain in my head. It was lovely. However, my plan of making up for being out of commission on Friday failed to happen. I will go to bed early and hope that 2009 ends quickly and that 2010 lets me have my body back to normal--or some semblance of normal.

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails