Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's hard to be thankful this year...

...when you got diagnosed with an incurable disease.

(I am thankful that my health is recovering).

...when your fiance leaves you alone in a foreign country on a holiday because he's having dinner with co-workers, and you're lonely and sad.

(I am thankful for Min Gi--truly, he's amazing).

...when your family has faced more than their fair share of health crises this year.

(I am thankful my dad is now cancer-free and mom is recovering from both of her September surgeries).

...when you get hit on the head with a plastic gavel by one of your favorite, but highly misguided students who lost his mock-trial case for lack of preparation.

(I am thankful for my job which makes me laugh).

...when the world economy crashes and ruins your plans to get out of debt once and for all.

(I am thankful the Korean economy is recovering and the exchange rate is finally more reasonable).

Yes, guys... it's been a rough year. I remain hopeful that with a marriage in January, awesome honeymoon in February, and a big repatriation adventure for August and beyond, 2010 will leave me with a lot more to be thankful for. Don't get me wrong, I AM grateful for the good things in my life, but darnit... it can be tough sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be in MD for a bit mid-September. (Robyn is getting married.) Hopefully we can get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about all the low points you've had in 2009 ... and that I haven't commented more on your journal, as well. To go through all of that and still have an amazingly positive outlook shows what a strong person you are. Here's to hoping that 2010 turns all that around for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eli--

    Yes! Let's meet up.

    Paul--

    I try. I'm a hard-core optimist.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails