Sunday, October 18, 2009

Still Sick.

Where have I been?

At home, resting. I am very, very ill. I have not gone out for about three weeks, been to the hospital three times, and missed three days of work. I have been struggling with going to work and adjusting to new medications my doctor is trying, but they're not working. Friday, he wanted to admit me to the hospital, but I freaked out and refused, so he said I could try bedrest this weekend.

My body has fluctuated, and I can tell the rest is helping, but I am still not well. When I woke up again at 3 a.m. today (notice it's 5 now) to spew out more of what resembles the parasitic alien creatures coming out the bottom of Stephen King's Dreamcatcher victims, I realized that I'm not going to just get better on my own. That my doc (who is quite awesome) knows what he's doing, and I have to trust him, even if I'm afraid I'll be like the freakshow in a room with five old Koreans and all their visitors gawking at me and trying to use me for free English lessons.

I sent a very pathetic e-mail to my co-workers and pray they don't hate me. If I'm not typing here, it's because I'm sparing you the gory details of the swamp creature death that expunges itself from my innards 10-15 times a day.

For now, I'm off to pack a small bag for the hospital stay.

Peace.

10 comments:

  1. I know being sick in Korea is not easy on the work front. I wish you the best of luck and a smooth and swift recovery. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that you are ill and must go to the hospital. But when I stayed in the hospital last summer after complications from my appendix surgery, it wasn't that bad! Yes, I was in a room with 5 farting Korean women, but it was fine in the end and THE NURSES. The nurses were awesome. I hope you find the same where you're staying. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana,

    Sorry to hear that you are not doing well. I hope that you get better soon. I hope your hospital stay goes smoothly. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well soon!

    Sending good wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon, Diana!

    Melissa (Running With Chopsticks)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Diana!
    I'm so sorry to hear you're not well. I don't have the same malady as you (and forgive me for saying I'm thankful because I don't want any Stephen King anything coming out of anywhere) but unfortunately I can relate to how much being ill in a foreign country sucks. Granted, being sick anywhere sucks. I'll take another moment now to be thankful I've never had to spend more than a few hours in a hospital here as well. I hope you get to feeling better very soon. I'm rooting for you - and I'll be thinking of you.

    If you feel like venting, please shoot me an e-mail. One thing that I've found to be very frustrating while I've been sick is that I feel like I'm not being listened to. If it's not a lack-of-time issue, then it's a lack of English ability in my friends and co-workers here. I hope you have a good group of people supporting you and that you're able to share how you're feeling. If nothing else, we can swap dotor and hospital stories! How long do you think you'll be in for? Try to rest and get better. Your health is more important than anything else, so don't feel guilty about doing what you need to do to take care of you.
    I'm sending some peaceful healing thoughts toward Daegu just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better soon Diana. Your health is the MOST important so don't worry about your job. Life will still happen when you're in the hospital. Here' to a speedy recovery ;)

    Thinking of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Stephen King's writing has gone downhill since he became famous. You need to find a new author to pattern your life after.

    Best wishes for speedy recovrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm giving the evil eye to the nastiness going on with your innards.

    Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails