Sunday, June 21, 2009

Forever Love

Time to share the secret with those of you who don't know yet:

11:30 a.m. We have cleaned the house, walked around the neighborhood to check out housing for next year, and eaten breakfast at the kimbap shop.

Min Gi is lying on the floor while I hang up the load of laundry. "Do you want to go anywhere special today?"

"Um... we didn't really have any plans, but here," I hand him the South Korea Moon Handbook. "Open it up to any page and let's go there."

"East Gyeongju," he reads. "Hey, we could go visit Ha Young [our friend who moved to Gyeongju about three months ago] in Gyeongju."

"That sounds fun."

A couple hours later at the Folk Art Village, we are looking for presents for my parents when Min Gi notices the amethyst jewelry.

"Wow. These are so beautiful." He looks at me in a strange, sappy way. "What do you like?"

I look at a few rings and pick out two (one I like the style a little more set in silver, the other set in white gold) and explain the differences and the advantages/disadvantages of the bands. Then he kicks me out of the store.

Back in the car, he seems to have something in his mouth when he hands me a small jewelry box. I open it up (anticipation building, of course), and it's empty!

"I need some energy from your sweet kiss." Ok, he definitely has something in his mouth.

I kiss him. He tries to put a ring in my mouth.

I'm laughing at this point because, as sweet as he is, it's kind of gross. He chose the ring in the style I liked better. I make him wash it off before he puts it on my finger.

"Did you know amethyst means 'forever love'?" I shake my head. "Well, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you. Will you marry me?"

"Of course!" (We've been planning the wedding for about a month, guys... I didn't tell you 'cause he wanted to do a romantic proposal).

"Is that yes?"

"Yes, it's yes, you silly man!"

His reaction to my answer.


"Hold your ring up for the camera, honey!"


For those of you who care about this kind of thing: Amethyst (with two flanking amethyst chips) set in silver.


Later, we met up with Ha Young at a large park near his new house. We had a great dinner and then watched some local kids play in a fountain. It was really fun. Min Gi also got Ha Young to agree to announce our wedding (we're not exactly having an officiant).

Me and my Korean brother, being goofy.


Small children, easily entertained and very entertaining.


Driving home, relaxed and happy. "I don't like how I proposed. I want to try again."

"I thought you were very sweet, honey."

"I was thinking about proposing at Boryeong [we're going there in a couple weeks for the mud festival]. Or I could do other things. One time for proposing is not enough."

"Well, if you really want to, you can propose again."

"Give me back the ring!"

"No! We're engaged, now. But you can propose again if you want."

"Ok. Wait for part two."

"I will."

So I guess this story is to be continued... ? I have no idea.

Check out the rest of the album and enjoy your day. I know I did!

Engaged!

11 comments:

  1. Oh My GOD That is SO CUTE!!!!

    I was just telling taller one that you two were probably gonna get hitched, given the way you talk about him. :D

    And here it is!!!!

    Happy happy happy happy!!!!!

    I love you moo! And he seems like such a great guy!

    :D Congratulations!!!!

    -Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Congratulations, Diana. Can't wait to meet The Man this summer. 축하해!

    (Word verification? Shilla. No lie.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

    By the way, don't know how long you're going to be state side or how busy you are, but I'd love to hook up for lunch or something one day :)

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's really wonderful, diana! and i'll be there soon to celebrate with you! (that being the important thing, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you two!
    (But, like, Jelly Bean Baby is still coming next month, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana! I'm so excited and happy for you. What an amazingly sweet husband you will have! 축하해요!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!

    Can't wait for your story about The Proposal, Part 2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everybody! And for those inquiring, we'll be in America July 25-August 17. If you want to meet up, please let me know so I can schedule you in! I want to see as many people as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, congratulations, Diana! Everything I've read about Min Gi makes him seem like a fantastic person to be around; I'm certainly happy for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails