Monday, January 12, 2009

Ice-capades...

Yesterday, Min Gi and I took a trip out to Biseulsan, a mountain to the south of Daegu. I went there last year for the ice festival and was eager to return for some more ice and hiking. We ended up going to a different part of the ice park than I went to last year, so I got to see some different activities.

Here we are, ice park behind us.


It was a lot of fun, although very crowded near the ice formations as all the young families in Daegu decided their children needed to play on the ice.

...And then of course we decided to play.

I'm going to kill you with my ice dagger!


Min Gi takes the mature route.


Look we found a log swing that wasn't crawling with 8-year-olds! Woo-hoo!


Check out the complete album:
Biseulsan/Ice Festival


After that, we went hiking a bit, although since it's winter, we decided it was too cold and we didn't have time to make it to the peak. We hiked up to this neat ancient Buddha statue and to an open space for praying. We then went on a little off trail adventure and got filthy before deciding we were being stupid and didn't have enough daylight left to "rough it" quite that much (the crazy hiking ajosshis we followed a bit though, they were fine, I'm sure). We talked a lot and nearly froze to death on the walk back to the car. It took me about 2 hours to thaw out.

In the end, we crashed pretty hard after dinner. But it was a fine winter weekend.

3 comments:

  1. i am cold just looking at those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did MinGi get his Cal jacket? I'm a Cal grad and a major Cal backer (donor) so his jacket stood out immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amyable... No idea. I'll ask him, though I'm guessing like most "logo" wear in Korea, it's a cheap knock off they made 'cause they thought it looked "cool."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails