Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good Day. Bad Day.

Good Day.

Finally found a volunteer opportunity at a girls' shelter for teens from abusive families. I met five of the six young ladies yesterday. I'll be teaching them English for an hour or two a week. They are sweet and excited to meet a foreigner. I also met the university student volunteers at the center who seem like awesome, idealistic young folks. I'm so excited about this!

Bad Day.

I had agreed (happily, on Tuesday) to write a letter of recommendation for one of my students from the writing class. She called while I was on a date with Min Gi (and a little bit tipsy) to say she needs the letter by tomorrow. Great.

Good Day.

Talked to Dad and Mom.

Bad Day.

Missed talking to Anne by 30 minutes.

Good Day.

Went to the office to print out my teacher-students' essays for grading, edit the newspaper, and give the rec letter to the student. Got a lot of work done.

Bad Day.

The USB disk drive with MOST of my teacher-students' essays on it is broken. Kaput. Finito. I called Min Gi in a panic. He says maybe they can recover the files, but it will probably take a few days (which I don't have because the final class with my students is after a four-day national holiday this weekend). Panic and shame set in.

Good Day.

Bought light bulbs so now I can see in my bathroom again.

Bad Day.

I can't find my last stick of deodorant. I had it two days ago. It has disappeared.

***
Little things have been affecting my mood so drastically these days. I'm so annoyed by my endless ups and downs that I made a lot of plans today to do fun things. I'm excited about this. It will distract me from the un-fun things.

1 comment:

  1. Like going skiing in two weekends! I paid today so I'm officially in!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails