Sunday, June 29, 2008

We belong together...

To Sarah: We sang Mariah Carey in the noraebang about two weeks ago. When you left I lost a part of me... A Tuesday night. We had gone dancing with my swing club in the park downtown after work. You didn't dance with other people, just listened to my ipod in the park, sometimes with a stolen umbrella when the rain was bad enough, dancing with yourself. This was before you broke my ipod headphones. You were so beautiful.

Sarah, dancing to her own beat.


When the rain came, we tried to decide what to do. Ben wanted to stay in the rain and keep dancing, but Korean rain is harsher somehow than the rain back home. Dirtier. I said it. You agreed. You were still jet-lagged. We left the group--we'd see them again on the weekend.

We went to Sugar Joe's because I wanted you to meet Min Gi. Everyone there--the owners, the men, the other bartender Max--fell in love with you. Honestly, who wouldn't? We stole two bartenders (I swear the owner of that place is going to kill me one day) and went to another bar and then to the noraebang and didn't get home until the sun was coming up around 5:30 a.m. And still I went to taekwondo the next day without you because I hadn't gone since you'd been there, and I needed to go.

Pouring out the soul through song in the noraebang


I can't believe you are gone. I can't believe you were here. I didn't take enough pictures. I forgot to take ones of us together. We didn't do enough things...

Tyra would be annoyed


This song ain't even half of what I'm feeling inside...

Just like that... You were gone.

We found Kool-Aid


I don't know when I'll see you again. I have been crying and depressed on and off since you left. This is the worst homesickness I've experienced in my entire 10 months living in Korea.

Can't stop laughing


And I wouldn't trade it for the world.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, the lovely Sarah. What a nice treat that she got to go over and visit you.

    Perhaps you didn't take as many photos because you were taking the time to enjoy each other's company in a new land (for her).

    This is such a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails