Saturday, February 16, 2008

Swing Dance

I've been going to a swing dance club Saturday nights for about a month now. I take a lindy hop lesson with a bunch of folks from Ben, who is from Oregon and reminds me a lot of my swing dancing buddy Jonathan from back home, and then after that there is free dancing where I try to practice lindy hop and jitterbug as best I can (even though I pretty much suck). It's been a lot of fun. I'm kind of addicted now. I really want to learn how to swing dance well, not just be thrown around haphazardly by guys who have various degrees of knowledge about the dance and get charmingly apologetic when I screw up ('cause even when it's my fault, it's the guy's fault... ha ha!).

The best part (besides the dancing) is that the people who come regularly are pretty awesome, and I'm getting to know them a little better each week. It's about half Korean/half foreigners so I get some language practice and meet some pretty awesome people. I have enjoyed hanging out with them thoroughly.

At any rate, chalk this up to one more way Korea is changing me--now I'm also a dancing fool.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, your swing dancing! Reading that post put a big smile on my face!

    ~~Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Jonathan! You read my blog.

    Miss ya. We'll go dancing when I come back to the states.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails