Thursday, December 20, 2007

Breakfast.

Resistance is Futile. I will be assimilated


I'm a sick, sick woman. When I got here almost exactly four months ago, the thought of kimchi and rice for breakfast, probably the most common ์•„์นจ์‹์‚ฌ (achim shiksa or "breakfast") here made me laugh. Why on earth would anyone eat that as the first meal of the day, I thought.

And then yesterday I ran out of cereal and Nutrigrain bars. I need to eat something before TKD but it can't be too heavy or I'd be sick, and I had only a few minutes. So I made a broth soup with rice and a side of Sa Beom Nim's homemade kimchi for flavoring. I had it again today.

Turning Korean? Perhaps. Perhaps.

1 comment:

  1. I ate that for breakfast all this past week... of course, I was staying with a Korean family!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails