Saturday, October 6, 2007

Holy Tex Mex!

I just got back from a night of forcing Samantha to keep awake until at least ten and making Se Jin have a good time because she is working too hard. We went downtown to find somewhere to eat and ran into a girl from Samantha's YMCA class who was headed to The Holy Grill, a new western style restaurant owned by the same guy who owns Thunderbird. It was incredible. I had a shrimp quesadilla that was delicious even by American dining standards--full of jalapenos and tasty cheese and topped with four tons of salsa (of course). After more than a month with no Chevy's or Mexican food of any kind, this place made my night.

Plus we got Se Jin to eat her first burrito! She liked it. Yay!

The place is more expensive than your typical Korean eatery, but is worth it for the satisfaction of cravings for deliciousness that cannot be assuaged in any other manner.

I had a yummy food day all around because after class this morning I had Indian food for lunch with Tristan. She's a pretty cool person to talk to and she's been here for a bit so she knows a lot of people and places (she was the first person I heard mention The Holy Grill). I forget the name of the Indian food place, but the naan was so good, I ordered extra.

I think I just gained back a couple of lost kilograms. Totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Good Man and I once spent something like 50 or 60,000 won for two in a Mexican restaurant. It was totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails