Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Good Books

My AP kids chose their books for the nonfiction book project and it looks like I'll be having some interesting Spring Break reading:

Augusten Burroughs, Running with Scissors; Dave Barry, Guide to Life; Albert Einstein, Relativity; Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods; Bill Bryson, I'm a Stranger Here Myself; and Ishmael Beah, A Long Way Gone

Well, that was a big chunk of money forked over to Amazon. Gosh...

*giggles with glee*

You should read Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I'm just finishing it up right now. While it was slow at the beginning and the narrator has a rather erudite-to-the-point-of-annoying quality in places (à la Nick Carraway), it's definitely worth the sexual coming of age story that makes up the second half of the book. I haven't read his first novel, The Virgin Suicides, nor have I seen the movie, but finishing this one does incline me to try it. Eugenides is one heck of a Greek writer dude!

I'm also reading a bunch of stuff about South Korea and teaching ESL over there. But those are of less general interest (god knows why).

Notice that I also figured out how to post my picture over in the right hand side of my blog. AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails